So this is my “I have so much that I want to talk about, but it’s not enough for individual posts, so I’m going to throw it all into one.” Sooooo here. we. go!
First things first… I know I posted a picture of me and my family I took on Christmas, but I found this gem that I forgot to post! I REALLY liked my outfit. (Very casual I know…) BUT, the jeans I wore were very loose… I had to keep hiking those bad boys up because they kept falling down, and I haven’t worn that open sweater in what seems like forever. I got it WOW 4 years ago… And I’m just wearing it now… (See what I said, it seems like forever ago.) I’m happy that I’m seeing “somewhat” of a progress. I still have a very large head. 😛
So I went to Costco on Friday… I LOVE THAT STORE! So many goodies. We were going to go to Sam’s Club as well, but just didn’t have enough time. Here’s what I got…
I got some good stuff! I heard that Dr. Oz says the Chia Seeds are really good for you (I also heard this from my boss who is a Dr.) so I figure, “why not give it a try.” I also am in love with the BBQ Pop Chips and the Pretzel Crisps. I’ve tried the Pretzel crisps with humus… OH YUM. I am kinda indifferent about the snap pea’s… I haven’t had much of em, but I think if you pear it with something else, it would taste better. To me, they really have no taste at all. I’d rather eat a fresh pea pod to be quite honest. They aren’t terrible is what I should really say. The chicken… Don’t know much about it really… It was sample heaven day there when I went (good thing I didn’t eat lunch because there were so many samples… and who can really say “no” to a sample… I mean, they are so small and FREE).
I went shopping more today because I was running out of “healthy” foods.
This was my cart when I was finished. Really sad at how much I actually spent… It was around the $80 mark. Plus I spent close to $20 at Aldi as well (2 bags of lettuce, 2 bags of chicken breasts, bag of fresh green beans, and cherry tomatoes). Here’s what’s in my cart:
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- Sour Cream
- 5 containers of Vanilla Oikos Yogurt (I decided I would try Chobani the last time because it’s made here in MN… GROSS. Never again will I buy Chobani. I also put the chia seeds in the yogurt and it tastes like I’m eating bubble pudding!)
- String Cheese
- Martzetti Simply Dressed Dressing, Light Caesar
- Pop Secret Jumbo Popping Corn (My dad has one of those big popcorn poppers in our basement. You know those big ones with the glass all around it? Those cool old fashion looking ones… 3 Tbsp unpopped is 5 cups popped and only 3PP)
- Green Grapes
- Beef Lil’ Smokies (for new years we’re bringing lil smokies wrapped in bacon… Not the healthiest but it’s what my family likes. I just won’t eat the countless amounts I have in the past.)
- Wonton shells
- Shredded Cheese (it was 4/$5… I couldn’t pass up that deal… Cheese say hello to freezer!)
- Black Olives (I don’t care if they are unhealthy, I freakin love me some black olives.)
- Frozen Veggies (mixed, corn, mushrooms)
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Fat Free Evaporated Milk
- Kashi Flax Seed bars
- Diet Lipton Raspberry White Tea
- Glad Press n Seal Wrap (THIS STUFF IS AMAZING)
And for a treat I went to Caribou and got a coffee to drink while I was shopping.
So if you have a strong dislike for Winter like I do… You seem to find yourself having “wintertime blues”. I love sunshine and warmth, and am outside so much during the Spring and Summer months. Winter months however… I rarely am outside. So I find myself having a lot of days where I get kinda sad and depressed. To help me get out of this “funk” I turn up the playlist I made on Spotify of my favorite up-beat songs and either dance around like a crazy person or go workout while listening to it. I love getting suggestions for new music so I’m going to pass this playlist along just in case you are needing some ideas. (I’m listening to this now and totally having a jam session!)
Let’s Get Moving.
- The Walker – Fitz and the Tantrums
- The Days – Avicii
- I Will Never Let You Down – Rita Ora
- Rather Be – Clean Bandit
- Brainstorm – Arctic Monkeys
- Ugly Heart – G.R.L.
- Heroes (we could be) – Alesso
- A Sky Full of Stars – Coldplay
- Wild Wild Love – Pitbull, G.R.L.
- Trumpets – Jason Derulo
- Vacation – G.R.L.
- Popular Song – MIKA, Ariana Grande
- Yeah 3x – Chris Brown
- Anaconda – Nicki Minaj
- Starships – Nicki Minaj
- Run the World (Girls) – Beyonce
- Tootsee Roll – 69 Boys
- Don’t Stop The Music – The Treblemakers (Pitch Perfect)
- Trebles Finals: Bright Lights Bigger City/Magic – The Treblemakers (Pitch Perfect)
- Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) – The Vamps
Seriously, how can you not just jump up and dance around like a fool? 🙂
Hopefully you had a great Monday! 🙂