I am so tired today. I got up at 4am so I could get ready and have my fur babies out before I had to leave at 5:45 to make it to work by 7. I ended up falling asleep in the shower, twice, so a quick shower turned into 40 minutes. Oops. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve been falling asleep in the shower. How I haven’t died yet is beyond me. After I finished getting ready I came downstairs and my mom had made me some scrambled eggs. YUM! I added some garlic pepper, feta and spinach. Best breakfast ever!
So I’m a nanny of 4 (if you didn’t happen to read my about me) and mornings are beyond hectic. It’s wake up, eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, and if there’s still time, some cartoons. Thankfully, the baby slept the whole time, and the three older ones were fantastic listeners! Then came the time for everyone to go to school. It’s a mad dash at putting on coats, boots, hats, etc. and making sure they have everything they need. It’s crazy town! I was fighting every single nerve in my body say, “Go get coffee… go get coffee… GO GET COFFEE!” As much as I want caffeine at the moment. Do I truly need it? No I don’t. I’m going out to eat with family tonight, so I’m trying to eat as low of points as I possibly can today to save up points for later.
So when the baby is sleeping, I try to get stuff done around the house but I also am trying to workout during that time as well. Today, I was able to walk 16 minutes on the treadmill going 3.0mph. I think that’s pretty good! I could have done more, but I wanted to keep it short incase she woke up. After that, I did one of my most favorite workouts that I found on Pinterest.
i am in love with this workout! It works just about everything. After I did my walking I started this, but only got 1/4 of the way through it before the baby woke up. Maybe I’ll finish it later!
So I said last night I would go into detail about what I got at the grocery store! Man did I get a haul! Best part? I paid less than $85! Whoop whoop! So here it is in no special order because I’m trying to remember all that I got:
- Honey crisp Apples
- Sweet Potatoes
- Spaghetti Squash
- Raspberries (2 containers for $4!!!)
- Blackberries (2 containers for $4!!!)
- Fresh Green Beans
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Big bag of Spinach
- 2 more bags of Romaine lettuce in a bag (already have 2 at home.. I really like salads…)
- Chobani Greek Yogurt (10 for $10!)
- Big thing of Fat Free Feta Cheese
- Reduced Fat crescent rolls (going to be making a chicken pot pie… I’ll post the recipe when I make it… IT’S SO GOOD!)
- Big thing of frozen boneless Chicken Breasts (less than $7! Holy cowabunga!)
- Fat Free Cottage Cheese (nom nom!)
- Kashi Honey Oat Flax Crunchy Granola & Seed bars (I INSIST upon trying these. They are SO incredibly delicious.)
- Smores and Oatmeal Raisin low fat chewy bars (They’re an Aldi brand BUT they are only 90 calories so I though “hey why not.”
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese x2 (I will often just freeze them both and use them when I need to.)
- Progresso Soups x4 (LOVE these soups, and I love that they have the weight watcher points right on there!)
- French Baguette (I love baguettes… So I cut it into 6 pieces and then freeze the pieces. That way I can just pull out what I want, when I want, and not have to worry about eating the whole loaf in one sitting!)
- Small Tomato sauce cans x2 (I like making little individual pizzas on the med. sized tortilla shells!)
- Turkey Pepperoni x2
Seriously… I wish I could ALWAYS get groceries at this price. What I love most is that this will last me for quite a long time as well… So I didn’t just blow all the money on just a couple meals! EEK! So happy!
Well, I hear the baby is starting to coo, so I better go see how she’s doing. 🙂
Until next time! 🙂