Light Chicken Pot Pie - found on LaaLoosh.com
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8oz mushrooms, chopped
- 2 small stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen is fine)
- 8oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 slices reduced fat crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 10” pie plate with cooking spray (butter flavored is best).
- In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add in onions and celery and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in broth, chicken, vegetables, paprika, thyme and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on medium for about 12-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk and flour. Pour into chicken and vegetable mixture and continue to cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie plate, and arrange crescent roll slices around the outside edge, leaving the pie open in the center.
- Place into oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, and the center of the pot pie is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time = 15 Minutes
Cooking Time = 45 Minutes
Serving Size = 1/6 of pie
Each Serving = 4 Points+