Chicken and Spinach Casserole - found on LaaLoosh.com
- 8 oz chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 slices Ezekiel Sprouted grain bread, diced
- 6 oz bag of fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- 3 medium shallots, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place diced bread in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray or an olive oil mister, and set over medium high heat. Add in shallots and garlic, and sauté until onions begin to become translucent; about 2 minutes. Stir in wine, and cook until mostly evaporated; about 5 minutes.
- Add in the flour, and stir until it’s mixed in well. Slowly stir in the milk, and bring mixture to a low boil. Add in the parmesan and cook, while stirring, until melted; about 1-2 minutes.
- Toss in spinach leaves, and cook until just wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the chicken; season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour the chicken mixture into prepared baking dish, and top with the bread. Place in oven and bake until bread is golden brown and chicken/spinach mixture is bubbling.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time = 15 Minutes
Cooking Time = 20 Minutes
Serving Size = 1 1/4 Cups
Each Serving = 7 Points +