As I was making a salad today, I realized I was craving some croutons.
Since I didn’t have any, I realized I could just make my own! So here’s what I did.
- 1 slice Amana Old Fashioned Breads, 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat (or any kind of whole wheat bread)
- 1/2 tsp of canola oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 tsp salt, as desired
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 400 degrees.
- Cut your bread 5 times vertical, then 5 times horizontal. (You should have 20 little squares.)
- Drizzle oil over bread pieces. Massage oil into bread.
- Sprinkle Italian seasonings and salt over the top of the bread.
- Place in oven for 6-7 minutes. (Depending on your oven, it may take more or less time).
Preparation Time = 3 Minutes
Cooking Time = 7 Minutes
Serving Size = 10 croutons
Each Serving = 2 Points +