Ajvar can be used as a spread, dip, or condiment. You can also put it over meat and pasta as a sauce!
- 5 large red bell peppers
- 1 medium eggplant
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- Wash and cut stems, clean insides of seeds and cut Red peppers in half. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. (I also poked holes in the skin of eggplant).
- Place red peppers and eggplant face down on pan, and place in oven on Broil (about 30 minutes).
- Red peppers will be done when skins are black and insides are tender. Eggplant will be done when inside is tender.
- When red peppers are done, place them in a big bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside and let steam/cool. While peppers are steaming, place eggplants on a plate and scoop out insides (make sure there are no large seeds) and put in food processor. Discard skin.
- Once eggplant is in food processor, put in garlic, and process until smooth.
- When peppers are cool to touch, peel off blackened skin. Add them into the food processor.
- While pulsing, slowly drizzle in olive oil, and sea salt. Pulse or process until you get to a consistency you like.
- Put in jar and eat right away or refrigerate.
Prep time = 15 minutes
cook time = 90 minutes
SERVING SIZE = 1/4 cup
EACH SERVING = 1 POINTS +