Zucchini Noodles and Marinara
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (or if you have tomatoes in season that are fresh, you can dice it yourself)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (onion, garlic, oregano – if you want fresh ingredients)
- dash of salt
- Wash zucchini. Once it’s washed, cut off both ends and toss.
- Depending on how you want your noodles to look, you can use
- Start peeling on one side. Peel until you get far enough to the middle where you see seeds. Once you see the seeds, move to the opposite side. Continue until you can see seeds all the way around. (once I have it all peeled, I use the middle in stir fry’s.)
- After it’s peeled, put all noodles into a strainer and set in sink. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on the noodles. Let the noodles “sweat” in the strainer for 25 minutes or so.
- While your noodles are sweating, place diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Then, add in your chopped rosemary and Italian seasonings. Stir and set aside.
- Get a pan on the stove hot with 1 tsp of olive oil. While the pan is heating, paper towel dry zucchini noodles with paper towel to remove excess water.
- Place noodles in pan and let them sauté. After about 5-7 minutes, turn burner on Low and stir in your Marinara sauce. Let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes on Low, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy your delicious meal you just created! 😀