Bacon & Cheddar Mock Mashed Potatoes
Author: George Stella
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp chicken base (may use 1 bouillon cube, crushed, or 1/2 tsp chicken granules)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips cooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp butter, if desired
- 1/2 tsp chopped chives, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Add to the pot and boil for 6 minutes, or until well done.
- Drain well, but do not let cool. Pat the cooked cauliflower between several layers of paper towels, or place cauliflower in a colander and use a heavy bowl to press the excess water out.
- Using a food processor, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper, until almost smooth.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Serve hot, topped with butter and chives, if desired.
PREP TIME = 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME = 6 MINUTES
SERVING SIZE = *Not quite positive*
EACH SERVING = 4 POINTS +
So here’s the scoop… This recipe is from George Stella’s The Complete Low-Carb Cookbook and it doesn’t have what the serving size is. My family and I were far too hungry to sit and figure it all out so I never weighed the dish to calculate what it comes out to. I will try to do that next time!
I also have not been a fan lately of the recipe builder on the weight watcher website so I plugged in what the cookbook said the fat, protein, fiber, and net carbs were listed for the serving…