Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 packet (1oz) of chicken gravy mix (I used my local grocery store brand)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried, ground sage
- 1 cup homemade croutons (you can find that recipe here), smashed (consistency kind of like panko breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste (totally optional – I thought it was perfect without!)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- With a knife, poke holes all over spaghetti squash. Place on a microwave safe dish with just a little water. (1/2″ or so). Microwave on high for 7 minutes. Let squash cool about 10 minutes before handling.
- Once squash is cooled, cut lengthwise down the middle. Scoop out seeds. Place halves on same microwave safe dish with 1/2″ of water. Place cut sides down in dish and heat in microwave for an additional 14 minutes or until tender.
- In small – medium sized sauce pan add in gravy packet with water and follow packet directions. Stir in parmesan cheese and sage, stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, scrap with fork to remove inside flesh in long strands. Place in baking dish.
- Pour sauce over squash and mix well.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with crouton crumbs.
- Place in oven and bake until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. About 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into 6 equally sized servings (1 cup).
PREP TIME = 30 MINUTES
COOK TIME = 30 MINUTES
SERVING SIZE = 1 cup
EACH SERVING = 3 POINTS +